Thursday, April 29, 2010

Abilities mostly done, valuation mostly done, now for items gain

I've come to a resting point for valuation. Some abilities, specials, and traits are all that is left, and I would mostly just be throwing random values at the algorithm for each one.

Instead, I'm focusing on how to make the item move to and from the players and the environment. I'll have to scrap a lot of the old way of doing things, but I can replace most of that with the NPC valuation now.

I got PCs giving shields to NPCs working. It was great to simply create a second copy of a unit, give it the new shield and see if the valuation algorithm thinks it is overall better or worse than the original. And, it's working good. A Thief is worse off with a shield while a Thug is better off, so the thief refused.

The difficult part is going to come when I try to give a unit a weapon when it already has 3 equipped.

I've also given most weapons negative evade adjustments, and most armors' negative evade adjustments have been lessened. A weapon, simply depending on its type, will have either 0, -1, -2, or -3 evade adjust. I'm a little unsure about this, mainly because you would expect a heavy club to have more of a penalty than a light one, but it's not like strength has ever found itself into the evade equation from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment