Friday, March 26, 2010

Second attack of a range

I have the value of a second attack of a range down, but I'm rather unsure of the result. There are parts that can be tweaked, but I'm having trouble deciding their values. At I can say this much: having an extra attack of a range, no matter how small, will be valued higher than not having it, given everything else as constant. In the process of making this, I even got to use a little knowledge about sorting from a really simple coding course I'm taking.

As soon as the abilities are in, and they shouldn't be too hard, I'll be provisionally done with the valuation algorithm. Non-mainline specials.abilities can wait for later.

Next will be the hard part (again?): advancement path finding. I guess the best way to go about it is to make logical trees to try, give the unit maybe 3 chances to try them and look for the highest value.

Ugh, and then there is Exasperation's code that I need to replace, which lets a unit decide for itself whether or not to pick up/equip weapon/armor. I need to make sure if a unit that doesn't have evade and has cheap armor will still wear the armor rather than going naked. Let me add that to the to-do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment